Mercenaries Commands?

For discussions of all things game related.

Moderator: Builders

sylvae

Mercenaries Commands?

Post by sylvae »

Can we have a "help mercenaries" command put in? Maybe I'm mistaken but it appears that you can only use help commands for mercenaries after you've bought them. Its not intuitive at all how you hire them, or how you find out how much they cost, or how to even use them. Say <mercenary's name> commands?

Sometimes the commands use the guy's first name, sometimes their last name. Which brings me to another point.

I love how they have their own names. Really cool! But its a pain trying to order around one or more mercs when they have appropriate Wheel of Time spelled names. Can we have the commands work for 1.merc, 2.merc. "merc" will ensure that, as a short name, you don't accidentally target any "mercenary" mobs, and its easier to type and spell.

That phrasing can be included in a decent help file.
Niila
Site Admin

Re: Mercenaries Commands?

Post by Niila »

Hi there,

The mercenary commands should be displayed regardless of whether you've hired them or not if you ask for 'commands'. I know they probably should mention that when you step in the room, but mercenaries haven't been touched in a while and they probably could use a bit of more 'easier to use' stuff to make them easier to use.

I believe that 'all' syntax works with the mercenaries. I.E. "All help me" will make them all assist you. 'All save me' to make them all try to rescue you. And so on. Should work..

As for the naming issue, maybe someone can look into that. Given that they're randomized to both immerse and all, I know it might be a bit of a hassle to control them around if you're trying to control them one at a time. Granted, they should (not saying they do right now, I haven't used mercenaries as a mortal in.. a decade?) be able to recognize their last name and first name both, so you can use that as a syntax for controlling them. If it doesn't, then.. another thing for someone to look into. :)

Best regards,
Niila