Christmas Gifts

For discussions of all things game related.

Moderator: Builders

Niila
Site Admin

Christmas Gifts

Post by Niila »

Hi everyone,

I'd like to first wish a merry Christmas to everyone! It's been a long year and while it hasn't been all a pleasant one, we'd still like to give gifts of appreciation towards everyone who plays on the MUD to spread some amount of happiness around.

That being said, we're looking for ideas what you, the players, want to be able to choose as gifts. We cannot promise that all your desires will be met nor that everyone will be able to take the same gift (usually you will be, but it kind of depends also on what your character has.. no player based bias here).

This years' gifts will be a bit different from the other years, though. Given how much resources Christmas gifts have taken in the past years, I've come to realize that sooner or later, someone has to write some code related to this. As such, I'll be throwing up some code that'll allow you to pick your gift, receive it and enjoy it without immortal intervention at all!

So, what do you people want?
Zanel

Re: Christmas Gifts

Post by Zanel »

Merry Christmas everyone!!

I think this sounds great Nilla! I have gotten element rerolls in the past and I think that is what I would like this year :) as for ideas, I also got a personal weapon one year- not sure if something like that can be automated. Other things I have seen is personal horses, infinite light sources, and infinite water sources. Oh and levels.

Thanks Niila!
Zanel
Master Sylibus
Queen's Guard

Re: Christmas Gifts

Post by Master Sylibus »

Channelers
  • Being able to undergo the wilder event simply to try to learn unlearned weaves. A few weaves have been implemented and the wilder event has been revamped allowing for some interesting results. This might be a nice gift for some.
  • Being able to directly attain the sense residues or sense ta'veren trait.
  • Channeler Rebirth Cycle of the Masochist. Barring the silly name, this has been an idea I actually wish would be in the game as a staple. For a full year, via this gift, players would be able to relevel in order to gain +1 in any element they choose. I personally don't care if there would be a soft cap either individually, or in overall power. But I'd also be for it allowing people to max out. Perhaps a soft cap now and something else later in order to hit the max. A player should at least be level 51 for them to trigger this. Those players who have gotten level gifts in the past shouldn't have to hit their new cap in order to trigger this I feel.
Wolfbrothers
  • I believe a rebirth option would be available to wolfbrothers as well. Except they would be able to gain +1 health point per relevel OR +1 movement point. Of course a cap of sorts would be in place if necessary.
  • Wolbrother only items:
    a ring that functions as the necessary light to allow wolfbrothers to achieve true darksight.
    a hunting knife that allows the destruction of an animal corpse which generates 1-3 pieces of meat for faster cp gains.
Normals
  • Normal players would have more available to them in terms of a normal rebirth. They can choose level (+1), hps (+2), or movement points (+1) to increase per relevel. I'd say they would only have to reach level 51 regardless of their level cap to attain these increases. Also, they shouldn't have a soft cap. They should be able to reach whatever caps are possible by simply putting in the efforts. To avoid people maximizing on a normal character and then getting a future gift of a talent, just forbid them from being able to do so. Get locked into being a normie for the life of your character.
  • My other suggestion would be to give them a special ring that increases their regeneration. I would say 1 movement point every 10 seconds no matter what combat state. And also a 2 health point per 10 seconds outside of combat. Adding the players name as a script requirement should remedy people tempted to gift this to someone else.
  • A personal blademaster instructor to accelerate the attainment of forms. I can quickly develop a system that requires grinding and special tasks to allow you to get forms. Unclanned would be allowed this up to circle 6. Those clanned would be allowed this up to circle 8.
    This would extend to wolfbrothers too because why not.
As a note, a snapshot should be taken when it comes to health points. That way players can't roll a higher health pool than what they started with. No matter if it's lower or higher it always gravitates back to your previous health maximum.