Armor vs Dodge! Chime in please

For discussions of all things game related.

Moderator: Builders

Which do you think is more powerful?

Dodge by a long shot
56%
Dodge by a smidgeon
No votes
Neither!
33%
Armor by a smidgeon
No votes
Armor by a long shot
11%

Total votes: 9

Sahrine

Re: Armor vs Dodge! Chime in please

Post by Sahrine »

Armor:

Clan Master Armor(77%)
Position: Front
Posture: 5

Dodge:

Clan Master Dodge (Maxed)
Position: Rear
Posture: 1

Weapon: Both identical

I'll chime in when I've had more sleep. :p

But what weapons were they? How many in game absers have the same pracs as in game dogers? This test case isn't square. Practically speaking. Most dodgers use short blades or staves. Most absers use swords (sometime axes, maybe clubs rarely). If teh dodger was rear with a Dagger and abser was front with a dagger, etc. We don't know what was used in order to formulate any conclusions on which to poll.

Right now, if you look at Grimrak fighting... anyone. You can see a really good example of how dodge > abs.
Vaarna
Child of the Light

Post by Vaarna »

I'll chime in..

First, I used to be armor. I had 80% armor set, and I wore it for a very long time. Recently, I changed to dodge and I've got 130% dodge and parry in status.

Second, oh my god. Dodge is soooo much better. I barely ever get hit, and if I do, the damage isn't enough to warrant it being called life-threathening. If there's 6 or more opponents trying to hit me, then it might get threathening, but other than that.. nothing can hurt me bad. In fact, the more opponents there are, the better I seem to be doing..

I won't ever really consider going back to armor if it stays like this. When I used armor I got hit a lot, my forms kept being interrupted by bashes and kicks and so on, but now.. Things just can't interrupt me. I can literally just go from battle to another as long as the ones' I'm fighting aren't capable of doing emote damage. And if they were? I'd get up eaten up even better in armor than I do in dodge. Not that I might consider going back anyway, not after all the fun I've had as a dodger.. :D

Take it as you will!
Arleve
Green Ajah

Post by Arleve »

I don't know, I don't really find dodge to be all that effective. 2 or more and I go down pretty fast.

That said, maybe our Dex is dramatically different.