Personal Homes

A place to discuss ideas for improving the MUD.

Moderator: Builders

Dezadryk

Personal Homes

Post by Dezadryk »

Quick question:

most of the personal houses/save rooms out there are given to a player based on their clan or house they belong to.

I was curious if it would be possible to have a personal home created strictly based on a large sum of money. For instance, at the cost of 100k copper I could purchase a 5 room house of my own design, and maybe an additional room every 100k copper.

Thoughts?
Adol

Re: Personal Homes

Post by Adol »

Why would you need so many rooms? Only one will get set as the save room.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

TAR has dozens of room - but we all hang out in room 1! :D

On the serious side, what Dez is looking for is more then just a save room. He wants a place he can call his own - his own little zone so to speak.

It's not unprecedented, and we've actually discussed it a lot in room 1 from time to time.

I think this is a fine idea, and I'm all for it. If players want to write their own descriptions, or find an imm willing to do it if they don't feel comfortable doing it themselves.

However - if numbers ever go up, prices will probably go up with it. Building time (and zone space in Housing) has its limits.
"How the fades must gnash their teeth......."

Demandred of the Forsaken.
Adol

Post by Adol »

Oh no, I am all for it it just sounded like more than you could ever need. The sizes of some player houses are uhm...rather large already.

Better to have compact but neat. Hidden room stuff, maybe an emote for environment. Food/Drink etc.
Moriia

Post by Moriia »

I like this idea. Although, Aiel don't use coin. They kinda just take what they want .. ;)

Maybe have it the option to purchase a house once clanned at a low rank. OR eait until you are of a higher enough rank to hold some authority and you can get yourself given a room. Then at your next rank you could get another room, OR do a small quest, OR through RP OR you could just buy another room. That way there are options for people who don’t use coin or who are poor, and could RP shanty dwellings on their potato farms or whatever. As in they worked for their house rather than just buying it flat out.
Wise One Moriia of the Iron Mountains Taardad Aiel
Arleve
Green Ajah

Post by Arleve »

Can't wait for this to be available for Kandor. Would be cool if u could purchase a home in like a kandoran consulate or something but I suppose that is kinda dumb. In theory u could end up with dozens of houses from other non imped countries strewn all over foreign cities.