Status command

An update on current projects being worked on, but not yet imped - to allow for player suggestions on said projects, and some transparancy on what's going in.

Moderator: Builders

Niila
Site Admin

Status command

Post by Niila »

A good midsummer to everyone!

I've been thinking about changes to the status command to better reflect the character's abilities and make it more transparent what kind of 'fighting status' your character has. Therefore, I've considered changing the status command as follows:
- Your defensive stats reflect your position (sitting, resting, already does sleeping anyway..)
- Your defensive stats will reflect your current combat situation (number of opponents will decrease your defensives and the status command will reflect that)
- A new status information will be displayed, called.. I'm undecided on the name, I could probably use some name suggestions, but it will display your maximal accuracy value
-> This means you'll be able to see 'how much' defensive stat you can hit through fully
--> If you're in combat, this is the maximal accuracy you have against the opponent -you are facing- at that moment

We've had a policy in the past to not display numbers like these in order to let players test things out and learn through doing.. but it's a bit counter intuitive especially when the system gets changed and all old acquired knowledge might become obsolete. With these changes, when the combat system is altered (it needs tweaking to one way or the other..) players can see how the system has changed by themselves without having to do a lot of extensive testing with large data amounts. It also makes it a lot easier for me to debug the possible issues that people might encounter with combat.

If anyone has any more thoughts about what to add to the status command, I'm all ears to listen to suggestions. :)

With summery regards,
Niila
Niila
Site Admin

Re: Status command

Post by Niila »

This project is now complete!

Happy summer to everyone. :)