Bladeform Mobs

An update on current projects being worked on, but not yet imped - to allow for player suggestions on said projects, and some transparancy on what's going in.

Moderator: Builders

Niila
Site Admin

Bladeform Mobs

Post by Niila »

Hi!

Today I changed the routine how bladeforming mobs perform bladeforms so that they will obey by the same rule set as players do. It was somewhat unfair to allow for bladeforming mobs to have a lot faster, standard speed, with all forms instead of scaling by their circle. Now they will perform the same as players in the same circumstances.

The reason for the change was to put bladeform capable mobs in the same line as channeling mobs, which means to the same standards which player characters follow as well. While in some ways it might make the MUD easier, it'll at-least give mobs and players a equal opportunity against one another.

That being said, I intend to see if I can make bladeform mobs perform combo maneuvers like players can, to give it more spice and some amount of equal power that players have in store at this moment.

Hopefully I'll get some results on that field sooner rather than later.

Enjoy the changes!
- Niila
Niila
Site Admin

Re: Bladeform Mobs

Post by Niila »

"Hah, boy! There's no way the Myrddraal can have learned new tricks. You can outmaneuver them by moving fast enough, they're not that cunning. Most men aren't that cunning either, they'll start the execution of their bladeforms and prepare, meanwhile you should run away. You'll have plenty of time." the old man said, as famous last words when the Myrddraal walked in and performed the Third Stance, followed by The Leaf Falling eight times in row.

Mobs now perform stances like players before their forms to speed up execution time. Naturally, this leads to them running out of moves eventually, but atleast they'll be faster than before. As most players know, it'll be quite a lot faster. This is part of the on-going project of upgrading bladeform mobs to be more efficient.

The next variante which might be coming may be that they'll start perform combo-forms. If I ever get around to it.