Sea Folk

An update on current projects being worked on, but not yet imped - to allow for player suggestions on said projects, and some transparancy on what's going in.

Moderator: Builders

Ganelon

Sea Folk

Post by Ganelon »

As you may (or may not) be aware, the first few tentative steps into making this a viable race choice has begun.

The initial set-up will be somewhat different than other races.

Rather than typical 'newbie' zone, then other zones, then clan, etc, and never leaving your own race's side, Sea Folk regions will be based on a series of islands that support the activities of a level range.

You can remain in these islands as long as you like, or take off to the wetlands to search for the Coramoor and interact with wetlanders there.

The first island is already under construction.
Initial plans are for this to support a half dozen or so players at once - They'll pick up basic skills and pracs, and have learned a few key RP points of information (Gift of Passage, Cultural Customs, the search for the Coramoor) - as well as gain some basic equipment and cash.

At present, no serious thought has been put into clans or other mid-high level material - that can wait until this first island is done.

Anyone with ideas, queries, offers of help, etc, put it on this thread.

News will be added as it becomes available, but don't expect this to be popped out in a few months, nor in a totally playable state even within the year - we have a ton of other stuff to see to.
"How the fades must gnash their teeth......."

Demandred of the Forsaken.
Ganelon

Re: Sea Folk

Post by Ganelon »

Being totally bereft of inspiration these days - I'm looking for the names of nine islands to be used as the home zones for the Sea Folk race.

Any help appreciated.

You may not be given anything for it, but I promise I will hold off doing annoying things for a while to anyone that comes up with good names.

Maybe.
"How the fades must gnash their teeth......."

Demandred of the Forsaken.
Ishmai

Re: Sea Folk

Post by Ishmai »

Not really name for an island, but in the books, Sea Folk channelers are capable of enormous flows of Air. I might suggest that those that create a Sea Folk that can channel may have a large boost to the Air element or possible Sea Folk specific powerful Air weaves?