Rend? - ANSWERED

Questions ....are a burden.
And answers are a prison for one's self!

Moderator: Builders

Aisle

Rend? - ANSWERED

Post by Aisle »

Been trying to figure it out in game. It doesn't seem to do any damage on its own. What does this weave actually do? Seems illogical that I would know a weave to use against others but not know what it does to them.
Vierna
Aes Sedai

Re: Rend?

Post by Vierna »

This weave isn't taught by the White Tower, unless I'm very much mistaken. I ran around the trainers to see if I had simply missed this weave being made available, but couldn't find anyone teaching it. How many times I've been informed that it's a 'Dark' weave in the past, I've lost count of. Is it taught somewhere?

I'll answer your question as to what this weave does: it's anti-healing. It'll degrade your target's health down, but it requires you to have access and understanding of Healing weaves to function. This means you'll need to have advanced Healing weaves to make Rend actually do damage. This means you'd have to be a member of the Yellow Ajah, since only they have access to the advanced Healing. I suppose being a Darkfriend/Dreadlord would work too, I'd assume they teach these things as well.

How to actually use this weave to its full potential, is a question I can't really answer. I've no experience in using the weave (only having been a target of it few times) so that'll be up to you to figure out. I know it 'ticks' even if you're not in the room with your oppressor, so even if you run away you're still doomed.

I hope that answers your question, Aisle.
Aisle

Re: Rend?

Post by Aisle »

I actually do not have access to it. A different char of mine does. They do not have forum access and I figured help was an OOC forum. They are MC but not DF, also they have heal wounds but it isn't very strong yet. Maybe they will have other access if I train it more, unsure.