What's causing this? - ANSWERED

Questions ....are a burden.
And answers are a prison for one's self!

Moderator: Builders

Aruon

What's causing this? - ANSWERED

Post by Aruon »

* 6[22:20] 164/473 15/41 (defense]/[rear) - >k
You slash Baadikar Tetrouni very hard.

* 6[22:20] 165/473 15/41 (defense]/[rear) Aruon: bloody - Baadikar Tetrouni: hurt >
You send a vicious slash at Baadikar Tetrouni's midsection, but miss.
Danger seems to radiate from Baadikar Tetrouni as all expression drains from his face.
Baadikar Tetrouni's vicious slash at your midsection catches only air.
You try to wimp out but you're too afraid!

* 6[22:20] 165/473 15/41 (defense]/[rear) Aruon: bloody - Baadikar Tetrouni: hurt >f

In an effortless motion, Baadikar Tetrouni crouches and moves a bone-handled greatsword in an upper arc to your left side, then brings his blade across your midsection,
leaving a bloody gash.
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!
You wimp out, and attempt to flee!
Another Dank Hallway

This only seems to happen in Baadikar's room. It's unbelievably dangerous, but I can't find a reason why it goes off. Fear is always 100%, he doesn't do anything to insinuate he is scaring you.

Any idea?
Aruon

Re: What's causing this?

Post by Aruon »

Never figured it out, but then again it doesn't matter since it crashed when I was finally past the halfway mark :/
Shawnyve
Site Admin

Post by Shawnyve »

I believe it is when you flee flail when wimpy sets in rather then typing flee.
Aruon

Post by Aruon »

That was my only guess, but it felt like it was going off more often than that. It may have been my imagination though, given the circumstances.
Vaarna
Child of the Light

Post by Vaarna »

I've experienced this quite often (especially at Shaidar Haran.. 17 failed wimpies in a row, with 5 of them being this) and it seems to be just autowimpy that does this. I'm assuming that fleeing somehow lowers fear (by 1 or something for a moment?) which causes it to happen.
Aruon

Post by Aruon »

Yeah, Shawnyve was right on the money. I don't usually need to flee around, since I generally slay whatever attacks me.

I -think- the room exits vs the open exits in his room changing can mess with flee success though. That's a total guess based on noticing a pattern vs fleeing other times under the same circumstances but in different rooms.