The Three Arches(Promotion from Novice to Accepted)

For announcements from the Immortals.

Moderator: Builders

Niila
Site Admin

The Three Arches(Promotion from Novice to Accepted)

Post by Niila »

Hi everyone.

I was recently informed that there are people that are ready to proceed from Novice to Accepted but haven't been given their Arches chance yet. I understand the amount of frustration that waiting causes, no matter what the reason behind the waiting might be. Given our lack of staff that can/want to run White Tower related things (The Aes Sedai test, Arches Tests, teaching) and time constraints that we all live under, I'll personally give the option to have your characters arches ran by myself or someone of your choosing if they accept to do it for you.

Now, given that I'm not an omnipotent being with a lot of free time so it might take a few weeks in some cases for me to have your characters arches' ready for running. You may request another Immortal to make your arches as well, and it's up to them to either decline or accept to make the Arches. I'll teach them how to make one and run them if they want to run them for you(and they ask me about how to create them), however under no circumstance should you harass them into making them if they don't want to.

Now, there's three things which I'll require of you, the player, to submit in advance to me in order for me to start working on your arches. All of the below are mandatory, meaning if you don't have them all fulfilled, I won't even consider starting to work on your arches until you have all of them done.

1) Your biography. I'll need to see your history, see what defines your character, what caused them to become like they are. The more detail it has, the easier(faster) I can make your arches. Provide it in either a PM, a link to the forum page/web page for my reading.

2) Your character's description. Yes, to proceed from Novice to Accepted, your character will need to have a description portraying your character (and set in the game). It's a requirement for passing to rank 4 in most clans, and in White Tower, it's required for getting to Accepted.

3) A display of your understanding of what:
a) It means to be a novice
b) Is expected of Accepted
c) Is the purpose of the Three Oaths
d) Is the One Power
e) Is the purpose of White Tower in the world
f) Are the Shadowspawn

The last is meant to be a IC-point of view thing, giving your character's understanding of the world and the station that the character has been in. While it won't be ICly available knowledge (nor truly 'asked' of your character by anyone, more like your characters' thoughts) and just a "cut" of your characters knowledge, it's a test in a way.

You may PM me once you've all the necessary things available and send me a link to bio and the test as a PM. I'll get back to you (either in-game with a tell, or a PM on the forum) once I've received and opened the PMs.

Something to note about my Arches is that there's always a chance you might not come out.. if that happens, we'll have to talk about what we want to do with your character. Yes, this means that there's a chance that if you don't want to become a Accepted and would rather do something else, there's a possibility it might happen. Let me know in advance if you're intentionally wanting to 'botch up' your Arches, too. :)

With best regards,
Niila