Wisdoms

For information on new additons.

Moderator: Builders

Ganelon

Wisdoms

Post by Ganelon »

This may not be new, but it's new to me, so posting with that fact in mind - and with the idea that there have been lots of new players who have joined the MUD since I have, and are probably just as much in the dark on the subject.
I've looked for details on this everywhere, and just can't find any notes (or even hints) by former RP Immortals as to what their intentions were on the subject.

So: For the sake of having some documentation that can be referenced in the future -

1) Wilders will be able to clan with the Wisdoms.

Consider it official. Ganelon stamped and approved.

Keep in mind however, if you make a point of letting people know you can channel, then any trouble you earn with the White Tower is yours to deal with. IC actions earn IC consequences. Thats the name of the game. If you want to remain unknown about, and off the radar of Aes Sedai, then take actions to remain off that radar. Don't let yourself get near enough one for her to notice that there's something about you to be interested in.

On a similar note, I want Tower players to keep in mind that it wasn't Tower practice to forcibly abduct everyone they came across who could channel. The Kin were left to themselves - just watched. Moiraine left Nynaeve in Emond's Field when she departed with Egwene and the boys, etc. I'm sure there are other examples I can't bring to mind at the moment.

There is a good opportunity here for some different RP on both sides of the fence.

I've always been mildly annoyed at the fact that the only path for female channelers to take is via the White Tower. It's contrary to the novels, and stifles RP options a little. We have a classless system for a reason, and putting players in generic clan categories sort of mocks that thinking. I like to think that we keep open as many RP options as possible, and this is another one.
In view of the fact that Kin are a long way off (if ever they're imped), this is the next best option, and true to the novels. Hopefully it will also get more people interested in clanning Wisdoms in general.

Another reason for this is more of a balance one in terms of clan mechanics - this has been posted in detail on the Wise Ones boards, and doesn't need rehashing here. Thats Wise One business - to steal a quote :)

2) Also males will be allowed to clan in Wisdoms

This is to take into account hedge doctors and other non-channeling healers common to such areas as Amador and other places. Since some building is currently going on towards the south-west of the MUD, this now seems like more of a viable option than it was a number of years ago. These are going to have to be taken on a case by basis until Jehanna Road is finished - so contact me if interested.
"How the fades must gnash their teeth......."

Demandred of the Forsaken.