Whispers in the Wind

For RP announcements of the Westlands.

Moderators: Shawnyve, Builders

Niila
Site Admin

Whispers in the Wind

Post by Niila »

It was a quiet day at the border of Caemlyn, the capital of Andor. It was early morning more than like, when it happened. Nobody seemed to have been able to predict what was about to occur. Men and women walking down the street with children running with their friends. And a petitle little girl with a doll-shaped face and grey eyes meeting a man with a shaggy frame and high-cheek bones.

The encounter didn't last very long. Nobody was certain what happened between them and how it happened as it went too fast for majority to even realize. The end result, however, was very clear with everyone as the guards carried away the corpse of the man for burial. A murder in the streets of Caemlyn itself.

They said it was a quarrel between a noblewoman and her household servant. Some even went as far as to say they had been lovers but the woman didn't want to let the man go. Some believed it was revenge for family. Whatever the reason, most considered vigilante murder to be unprecedented. Who would be next, was in the minds of the common folk. The Queen's Guard made promise to investigate the case thoroughly.
Niila
Site Admin

Re: Whispers in the Wind

Post by Niila »

On the proximity of Murandy-Andor border, First day of Maigdhal, 1126 NE, a group of armed mercenaries made camp. They were battered and worn from a battle held not long ago. Their leader, once imposing as city walls of Caemlyn themselves had taken their final breath only a few hours before. It was especially cold, so they huddled close by the campfire and drank whatever they had been able to buy with their latest pay from the last village they had passed on their way towards Andor.

When the first rays of the dawn hit their weary eyes, the men started to discuss among themselves about the next leader for their company. Some argued it should be the banner-bearer while others said it should be put to the vote. After a prolonged 'conversation' the more enthusiastic, those still under the influence of ale, started a brawl over the matter. Whoever was left standing afterwards forgot what the brawl had been about to begin with.

A week later, in the Black Hawk tavern, Lughi was tending to his customers like any other day. He was delighted at the sight of more customers as the door to his fine establishment swung open and gave way to a dozen of mercenaries in decent armor and a tall individual with a scar running from jaw towards the left eye and a vicious gleam in the eye. "Drink up boys, tomorrow we're moving towards Murandy!" resonated thorough the tavern as the call was shouted out, "Ale for all the men, ale for the Tigers!"

Lughi felt down as he looked at the empty mugs on the floor and the broken table on the corner. He had been paid for his troubles but he had a feeling that some of his customers might never return to buy ale from his establishment again. He hadn't been able to stop the act of extortion from the poor nobleman, despite having sent for the guards with the help of the serving girl. They had all been brutally beaten and then the ale he had offered to the mercenaries had been paid with those robbed from the nobleman. Nobleman, who now was likely residing at the Wisdom's care, if alive at all. It wasn't wise to mess with that folk, he thought to himself, as he told the serving-girl to let the carpenter know about the order of a new table. She was even more unreasonable than her predecessor had been.
Niila
Site Admin

Re: Whispers in the Wind

Post by Niila »

"The master of thieves has died." said the man wiry looking man over his companions at the Nine Horse Hitch. "Dead as they get. Now's the chance to do heists and earn coin, while they organize and set up a new leader." Offering a grin, he made a sweeping motion to his fellow shady-looking friends. "Shouldn't we figure out if there's already one in place before we start pulling stuff without letting them know?" said one of his consorts, "I mean, if the good ol' master of thieves is dead, don't that mean someone got rid of him?"

The others gave the younger man a look and then another at each other. After the exchange of looks, they all stood up and left the fine establishment, leaving the wiry man and the young man to sit with just the two of them. The old man gave a sigh and shook his head in doubt, "Now you've done it. They're all scared like chickens! Blood and ashes, why did you have to bring up your worries now, son?" But the youngster looked at his old man with worry, "But pa, I've 'eard that even Lonto was seen in the city again and now he's gone again. Don't you think that's a bad sign? I mean, he was always on the side of us little ones' before. And he ne'er left the city without telling us he was going." the younger man said, casting a look about. "I think we ought to consider joinin' the guild instead o' thinkin' of makin' money by ourselves. It's too dangerous now. We 'ight get hurt!"

The 'father' gave a sigh and shook his head. He stood up and left, whilst the younger man sat still. He peered into his mug with a worried expression, "I don't think pa gets it. Now's the perfect chance to join, when there's confusion 'bout. That way we'll get to good positions and quick. If they won't join, I think I will.." Casting a look towards the greendoor, he gave himself a nod. "If I find a way, 'nyway..