Must Read Books

For all non-game related topics.

Moderator: Builders

Maxim
Site Admin

Re: Must Read Books

Post by Maxim »

Yes Patricia Briggs makes for an entertaining read... and Kat Richardson's Greywalker novels.
Velis
Warder Student

Post by Velis »

Love Feist and Eddings.
Some of the quirkier stuff like Pratchett and Donaldson.
Didnt like any of his other stuff but Hubbard's Battlefield Earth i found a great read.

Some great female writers out there too... McCaffrey, Kerr. Maggie Furey, Artefacts of Power and Trudi Canavan, The Black Magician Trilogy are nice short reads if your not into the 5+ book series.

Loved The Dresden Files TV Series too... shame it got pulled. Firefly is one that i would mention too...loved it! Stupid TV Execs.
Itrana

Post by Itrana »

Just finished the first book of Jim Butcher's latest series, The Codex Alera. Book is titled Furies of Calderon. Not the same calibre as Mistborn, but definitely worth reading.

As an aside, Butcher needs to fire his editor. I see stupid, glaring mistakes in every one of his books that no one getting paid to edit should miss.
Iliana
Aes Sedai

Post by Iliana »

Hey are the Charlene Harris books worth reading? I've heard that they start off really good but get progressively worse as the series goes on. But I love the show =)

As for GRRM, I like his grittiness and even the vulgarity, although at times it makes me cringe I think it describes well the world he's trying to portray.