Dezadryk Naorei

For in character logs and discussion.

Moderator: Builders

Dezadryk

Dezadryk Naorei

Post by Dezadryk »

This is the biography of my character Dezadryk and I hope you all find it entertaining. I will be releasing them in chapters and shouldn't take relatively too long so check back if you find it worth doing so. Thanks for reading and again, I hope you enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1 -- The Foolish Young

Scene 1: Age 8
The joys of being a child will forever live with us all. For myself especially so, as I had everything a little boy could have ever wanted; a best friend, a healthy stature and a caring father who spoiled me. After my mother passed away, I was smothered with attention from my father. To him I was the only thing left of my mother he had and while I can understand such sorrow now, back then I merely relished in the gifts. I have no siblings, but I was not alone as a child, I had the best friend anyone could have asked for.

My father, Doil Naorei, was a blacksmith by trade, very renown in Andor and it was through him that I met Ludn Lakai. Ludn was an orphan boy, and from where remains a mystery to anyone. His father-figure was a friend of my fathers and also a blacksmith, I can't recall his name, but I remember him being a good man and he gave Ludn a modest life, more than any orphan child could expect. Yes, my childhood was just as normal as the next, together Ludn and I caused mischief, practiced swordplay with sticks and replayed battles of heroes long lost. It wasn't until my father decided to remarry that things got....difficult.

Scene 2: Age 9
Abigail Trakand, a woman of mesmerizing beauty and a cousin to the powerful families of House Trakand. I remember thinking to myself, even at such a young age, "what does she want with my father?" and as much as I wanted to dislike her, she was always very caring and pleasant to be around. I suppose when you're that wealthy, it's easy to buy the happiness of a boy at that age, but it was because of this new union that I had become someone i'm not.

When the marriage was official, so much changed. To most peoples surprise, Abigail took the Naorei name, though the family became a part of House Trakand and I had become a very young noble. I don't know if it was just because I was young and naive or because we had moved from a merchant life to a life of nobility, but I became very arrogant when this all happened. One of the major events was when we moved to the Naorei manor, because of this I almost never saw any of my friends, including Ludn. When Ludn and I did visit, it was so one-sided, we couldn't cause mischief together as I had a family name to protect now and I always had guardsman following us around. When we practiced our swordplay, it wasn't even fair, I had professional trainers teaching me and Ludn was merely a child swinging a practice sword. Over time we had grown so far apart and even though I still considered him my best friend, I also considered him beneath me and I know he felt the tension.

At the age of 10 I decided to enter a sparring tournament to impress my father and bring a little reputation to the Trakand house. Many of the contenders were nobles like myself, all within my age group. To my complete surprise, the nobility was not the talk amongst the crowds, instead the attention of everyone was on a very talented young man carrying no house banner and a face covered in an odd design, a silver sword intertwined with a crescent moon. Thinking about the couple fights that took place before the main event, I remember the spars being tough, though I had somehow made my way to the finals and to no ones surprise, so had the houseless boy. To this day I remember word for word and image for image exactly what happened in that final fight, so I think i'll just replay it all for you...

The crowds remained quiet as the tournament sponsor starting recognizing myself and the talented young man. "To my right, a relatively new family bringing great honor to the powerful House Trakand, and an even newer noble amongst the House, I present to you the young and impressive Dezadryk Naorei!" The sound that escalated as he called my name sent shivers through my body, it felt good. "And to my left, this mysterious young man has shown us that even the common can impress us, he is the son of the renown blacksmith and retired swordsmaster Gustav al'Mare, I give to you the young and talented Ludn Lakai!"

Confusion wrought my thoughts, while everyone else was cheering for him, I couldn't do anything but just stare in disbelief. He relished in it, a cheeky grin splayed across Ludn's painted face, he was laughing at me inside. He slowly raised his practice sword, pointing it straight at me. His grin turned into a stern look, "Are you ready my Lord?" Such an insult I thought, he will lose this fight like all other fights we've had.

The sponsor watched us both carefully, noticing some sort of termoil, but the crowd was going wild and all he could yell was, "BEGIN!" With the reputation of my House on the line and anger clouding my mind, I foolishly rushed in, thrusting forward. Ludn deftly stepped to the side of my clumsy attack and smashed down hard on my sword, causing me to drop it. I realized he could have finished it there, instead he only stepped back and told me to pick it up. Another insult, this is ridiculous! When I picked up my sword he crouched low, his sword stretched out behind him. It was at this moment that I learned a little respect and I like to think, where I was no more a child. Ludn swung his sword out wide from behind and I jumped over it easily enough only to be smashed with a full body blow that sent me reeling back and to the ground. Before I could even recover, I opened my eyes to the point of his sword in my face and the crowd bursting with cheers. Though only one thought lingered in my mind--Humiliation and failure; I had lost, and not just the fight, but my best friend.

To be continued...