Myself

For all non-game related topics.

Moderator: Builders

Shawnyve
Site Admin

Myself

Post by Shawnyve »

Since a few of you have expressed interest in the writing career I'm attempting to get off the ground, being beta readers etc. I thought I would post the info and let everyone catchup on what I'm doing currently.

A few of you know I've been writing on and off since, well since before the muds inception actually. After I became very ill two years ago I woke up and was like now or never, just do it. No more playing around.

I write mostly paranormal romance, (erotic and also more mainstream series type) with several manuscripts in various stages of completion.

I'm currently involved in a year long mentorship program with Lori Wilde who is a bestselling romance author. A fantastic opportunity to have someone who is there, with 40+ published books and counting, helping to guide you from concept, through actual writing, editing and submission packages. Plus getting access to editors and agents time. That began in Sept and will end in Aug of 2011, though I'm aiming to have my book ready to submit by June. First draft is 50% done currently.

On the bad side this has consumed my time and I have not been able to work on finishing any of the other manuscripts or on the MUD. :(

However, I hope with my caretaking duties ramping down this coming year *crossing fingers* I may have a little more time to do stuff.

All that said, if you have facebook and would like to follow my author name, I am using the pen name Merlyssa Cormack. I'm also on twitter under the same name. And my website, unfinished :(, is http://www.merlyssacormack.com

Thanks