Seeking a Teacher

For in character logs and discussion.

Moderator: Builders

zarrin

Seeking a Teacher

Post by zarrin »

Farellien Sedai says, 'Now, I lent doraise sedai a notebook. See if she is finished with it child and return it.'

A novice clad in white with an arm full of books clutched in calloused hands darts between the servants in the cavernous halls of the White Tower. Typically Saldaean by the looks of her, she narrows tilted eyes as she searches down one hallway and up another, with a frown.

Where are all the people? The Aes Sedai, and the Accepted? I thirst for knowledge but these books are not enough... The Accepteds in the classrooms have taught me all they know and only parrot the same things over and over.

Despair. This was defiantly a -new- feeling... Samira had been flying past lesser Novices, completing new weaves perfectly within days, while running errands and working more diligently than the other girls, not to mention mining for knowledge in any book, scroll, or map she could find - often dozing off as she studied.

Someone within these halls must still have the time to teach me. Why, I could compose a class myself and I am still in Whites! I must find some Aes Sedai who has time for a Novice...'

Still she searched between chores and weaves.. On every floor, with every curtsey and task, she asked simply and humbly 'Will you teach me?'