Dangerous Discoveries

For in character logs and discussion.

Moderator: Builders

zarrin

Dangerous Discoveries

Post by zarrin »

The lesson with Vierna Sedai was utterly inspiring! With a new drive and sense of belonging, Samira lied on her back between the stacks of forgotten tomes in the Tower Library, weaving and weaving to near exhaustion before resting and beginning again.

A surge of Saidar burst across her eyes in a blinding hot, white light, and nearly swept her soul away. She felt drained and afraid...
I see I see, this is what it feels like.. She thought of her sister. Burnt out as a Novice. Samira embraced again. Dangerous but she knew what she was doing... only a little more and...

Hahh I have it! The One Power winked out as a candle in a sudden gale. She reclaimed the exhilarating force, the force that turned the very Wheel of Time itself.. And drew more. Drew deeper until it hurt. .... The world went black.

Hours later she awoke trembling.. She could still feel it there. She opened herself to Saidar with hesitation and laughed through her tears as a flood of pure life rushed through her veins awaiting her guidance. She had it. She had created two weaves to prevent young women, like her sister, from a horrifying fate.

When one feels weary... this weave, like a fire-door, will force you to release Saidar.. But it is weak and the thought to release will only occur to you after you are finished with whatever is on your mind to begin with. She spoke to herself while pacing between the musty stacks.

The second is much more powerful, yes. A women channeling til she is near drooping will immediately be rendered unconscious if she does, in fact, droop!

Samira smiled brightly and clapped her hands together gleefully... But stopped with a thoughtful scowl.

No, this is nothing like the dread weave Compulsion... Of course it does influence your thoughts and behavior, but you can't even weave Compulsion on yourself! Can you...?

Samira continued her pacing...

OOC: I don't have access to Tower Forums so I will post here two tiny scripts that will help prevent over channeling, and thus, stilling or killing your character.

These are clumsy, and could be improved upon. I am not very good with scripting. ;)

Before the delivery, a few notes of caution. Do not RELY upon nor TRUST these. They are for the prevention of ACCIDENTS - like if a book falls on your computer and you nail 'weave 'light'' 100 times. You will actually DISCONNECT from the mud if you hit drooping. You will reconnect STILL EMBRACED. This part will force you to disconnect no matter how many commands you've entered before you hit drooping.

If you're going a bit more slowly and just not paying attention, you will be forced to "release" if you hit weary or spent. But!! Any commands you've already entered will go through first with this part!

This also depends on your prompt. I use

Code: Select all

%s/%c
in my prompt. So it appears as

@/refreshed
for me. Change it to whatever suits you.

You can change the level of mana at which you release of disconnect, of course. I will work on this sometime and try to make it better, but like I said... I suck at scripting. :p Please feel free to modify this for the better and post your work.

#CLASS NOOVERCHANNEL
#TRIG {@/spent} {release}
#TRIG {@/weary} {release}
#TRIG {@/droopoing} {#disconnect}
#CLASS 0
Just copy past into your mud prompt, etc.