Coach System

An update on current projects being worked on, but not yet imped - to allow for player suggestions on said projects, and some transparancy on what's going in.

Moderator: Builders

Ganelon

Coach System

Post by Ganelon »

Needing some 'busy work' to do in the final week before mid-semester break, and over said break, I'm going to get back to this, and try to get everything in for from Tar Valon in the north to (the eventual) Far Madding in the south.

Any suggestions, etc..... throw them in.

EDIT: Now I've started the Caemlyn to Tar Valon Leg, a question comes up I'd like to hear some feed back on - given the length of the Tar Valon Road - and that it has numerous settlements along it - do you guys prefer to have multiple coach points along the way (eg: Caem to Herdan's Bridge, Herdan's Bridge to Cryden Field, Cryden Field to .....whatever that place is outside Tar Valon) OR just Caemlyn to Tar Valon.

I don't mind either way, but keep in mind that doing it the first way will take longer to get it in (requires multiple scripts), and will require carrying more coin to pay for each portion of the trip. It does however give a bit more convenience.

The second way will be faster to add in (single trigger), and you only need to ensure you have coin for a single trip. If you only intend to go part the way along the road, will also require some backtracking from Tar Valon to whatever your destination point is via walking or horse.

The initial transit point is already set up: Tar Valon Coach Service - west of the room: Approaching the Braem Wood Gate.
"How the fades must gnash their teeth......."

Demandred of the Forsaken.
Racquel

Re: Coach System

Post by Racquel »

If Cryden Field is somewhere near the midpoint and doesn't serve any other purpose (I can only think of the tavern serving any use right now) why not put a stop there? Eventually it might be expanded as an interchange of sorts.
Krinata Almandar

Post by Krinata Almandar »

One stop at the midpoint would make sense. It increases the travel speed between the cities while giving the horses a break midway.
Krinata Almandar, Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Stopping at the mid-point it is then.

Will add the mid-point and termination point at Tar Valon and have it running by end of next week.

Next stage will be the Caemlyn to Aringill route.
Based on the above, will be a mid-point stop at .... uh.... the place starting with M along the way.... you know the one....

Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Quick update on this -

The coach service offices have been put in place for each of the three legs - Caemlyn, Cryden Field, and Tar Valon.

That is to say, the physical places (rooms), objects, and mobs exist in the locations that they will use.

That only leaves the triggers to write.

Will be a simple thing to operate, much like the ferries around the place:

* Go to a coach service.
* Buy a token with the correct destination name on it and give the token to the actual coach driver outside.
* Enjoy the view along the way.

Give me a day (two if I get lazy or side-tracked) and it'll be done.