Channelers without full power logging out

Post here if you encounter a bug within the MUD, or to ask if a feature is intended or not.

Moderator: Niila

Forum rules
Abusing any of the bugs listed (or any bug in general) may result in: Removal of account, temporary/long lasting banning of the person, removal of character, deduction of clan points, removal from a clan, removal of a clan, losing a talent, the loss of equipment or any other perk that may have been received due to intentional abusement of a bug.

Failure to report from a bug may also result in one of the before mentioned actions.
Niila
Site Admin

Channelers without full power logging out

Post by Niila »

Hi everyone!

I managed to track down a bug, where in if a channeler who has still a regeneration event going on (sp, hp, mv), will crash the MUD. This is due to a statement that checks if the target is in a room with a certain flag. Well, as it happens, a channeler who has logged out of the MUD obviously isn't in any room and crash goes the MUD.

I'm posting this just so that I'd remember what the reason for the crash is so I can fix it later, as well as a warning to anyone who is a channeler to not log out until their all 'regeneratives' are at maximal values.

I'll try to get this bug fixed in a few hours.
Niila
Site Admin

Re: Channelers without full power logging out

Post by Niila »

I've disabled regen rooms for the time being. This is a solution to the problem of channelers logging out while they've still regeneration event active. I'm not certain whether regeneration rooms are even necessary now, with the No Violent Feeling regeneration changes.

If, however, by some chance, the regeneration rooms will be necessary in the future, I'll look into fixing the rooms instead of disabling the functionality. But for the time being, I feel it's less hassle to not bother with it compared to the amount of crashes it has been causing.

This bug should now be fixed.

Enjoy the day,
Niila