Ideas on blademaster styles

A place to discuss ideas for improving the MUD.

Moderator: Builders

Aisle

Ideas on blademaster styles

Post by Aisle »

I was thinking today about a way to make emotionless more viable. I had the idea its like choosing between relying on training primarily or relying on your own innate abilities.

It would be interesting if stats affected creative. Higher strength might produce effects similar to scales of power, higher dex similar to mo'kaila. Maybe intelligence or wisdom could affect being more tactical and give better parry or more crit etc. The effects would be to a lesser magnitude. Maybe also gain some of their style bonus but to a lesser magnitude

If you were lucky to get high stats, you might be better to go creative and have training augment your innate abilities. Someone who is weak and slow might benefit more from going emotionless and focusing on their training. Perhaps gain slight stat improvements but a huge gain to whatever style bonus you do.

Either way, it is a technical decision.

Full style bonus and lower stat affects, or better stat affects but lesser style bonus. Might need some adjusting of styles up to down or stat bonuses to balance.

A second idea was concerning air or whatever that one is that just goes faster. It seems the least used and I have heard it is considered useless since it just tires you faster. I wonder if making it reduce some of the damage that armor shaves off. Similar to finding cracks of chinks in the armor. Or being harder for an opponent to dodge/parry normal attacks.