Barricade

Post here if you encounter a bug within the MUD, or to ask if a feature is intended or not.

Moderator: Niila

Forum rules
Abusing any of the bugs listed (or any bug in general) may result in: Removal of account, temporary/long lasting banning of the person, removal of character, deduction of clan points, removal from a clan, removal of a clan, losing a talent, the loss of equipment or any other perk that may have been received due to intentional abusement of a bug.

Failure to report from a bug may also result in one of the before mentioned actions.
Dezadryk

Barricade

Post by Dezadryk »

First off, I just want to say, THANK YOU. I've been waiting for this weave to come out for a while now.

However, there is one minor problem with it :P It doesn't work when someone is fleeing, removing the point of such a great weave!

You have my 2cents!
Niila
Site Admin

Re: Barricade

Post by Niila »

Hi there, Dezadryk

First, I'm glad that you like the weave. However, after some debating with myself when I was creating the weave's functionality, I allowed flee to be a instant escape from Barricade's blocking for gameplay reasons.

While realistically, the Barricade should make fleeing harder as well, that creates a dilemma which leads to Barricade being a death-trap in player versus player enviroment. Being able to keep someone in the room for a certain length of time without any means of escape is too broken in the aspect of balance. So I had two choices, either not implement the weave as it was intended or rework it to have flaws which make it perhaps a bit weak in some ways, but potent at what the original intention of it was.

Now, Barricade acts as a blocking tool, which doesn't prevent fleeing out. However, it does prevent 'spamming through', making it a tool for slowing down spamming, as well as breaking up organized leading (since you can't force a group to flee as a leader). Granted, this makes the weave heavily PVP orientated, as I couldn't really find a way to make it useful for both PVE and PVP at the time I made the code for it.

Now, as fleeing has a cost related to it (high movement loss), it seems appropriate to allow it as a escape mean from Barricade. Especially if you're running away from combat, and especially if you ran to the wrong direction originally.. perhaps the weave might actually get downtuning, based on the feedback that will roll along eventually. Or maybe not?

With best regards,
Niila
Dezadryk

Re: Barricade

Post by Dezadryk »

You know what, you're absolutely right. I had not thought about it with respect that the wall could be erected at a choke point and it could seriously mess up someone's spams. Thanks for clarifying that up Niila. I especially like that it can ruin groups :)