Burnished steel greaves vs. blackened steel greaves

Post here if you encounter a bug within the MUD, or to ask if a feature is intended or not.

Moderator: Niila

Forum rules
Abusing any of the bugs listed (or any bug in general) may result in: Removal of account, temporary/long lasting banning of the person, removal of character, deduction of clan points, removal from a clan, removal of a clan, losing a talent, the loss of equipment or any other perk that may have been received due to intentional abusement of a bug.

Failure to report from a bug may also result in one of the before mentioned actions.
Dezadryk

Burnished steel greaves vs. blackened steel greaves

Post by Dezadryk »

To my knowledge, they are supposed to be the same, 80% abs piece. Shown below is the blackened greaves showing only 73%.

Location Absorbs
--------------------
head 80%
torso 80%
left arm 80%
right arm 80%
left wrist 79%
right wrist 79%
legs 80%
feet 80%
Average abs: 79% (176 points)
Dodging bonus: 56%
Parrying bonus: 61%

* 525/525 - 61/61 - / - refreshed --- - ()rem greaves
You stop wearing a set of reinforced greaves of burnished steel on your legs.

* 525/525 - 61/61 - / - refreshed --- - ()
Emotion stirs on the edge of the void.

* 525/525 - 61/61 - / - refreshed --- - ()wear 2.greaves
You strap a set of reinforced blackened steel greaves onto your legs.

* 525/525 - 61/61 - / - refreshed --- - ()stat
Location Absorbs
--------------------
head 80%
torso 80%
left arm 80%
right arm 80%
left wrist 79%
right wrist 79%
legs 73%
feet 80%
Average abs: 79% (176 points)
Dodging bonus: 56%
Parrying bonus: 61%
Niila
Site Admin

Re: Burnished steel greaves vs. blackened steel greaves

Post by Niila »

Hi Dezadryk,

It would seem that the MUD has two items named exactly the same, meaning the reinforced blackened greaves you're referring to. The version that you have is a lot lighter than the version with the 80% absorption. They also have very different descriptions if you look at them (the heavier version has a lot longer description to them).

Now, the question is why two different items with the exact same short-description exist in the MUD, is a valid one. They do have very different messages in the room view, so why do they have the exact same name as equipment? Who knows.

To differentiate between the two objects, I've changed the name of the lesser version (which weighs less, has less abs) to "a set of blackened steel greaves", which means I took the reinforced part out of it. There is a equilevant 'breastplate' with just 'blackened steel breastplate', so it seemed appropriate.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

With best summery wishes,
Niila
Dezadryk

Re: Burnished steel greaves vs. blackened steel greaves

Post by Dezadryk »

Sounds great. I always forget, does it affect existing gear?