Learning weaves

A place to discuss ideas for improving the MUD.

Moderator: Builders

asher

Learning weaves

Post by asher »

So I personally have been crusading to try and get more access to weaves that characters have the elements to weave. I also know that some FC's want to play a non tower channeler but that only wilders really get any weave access this way.

What if misweaving gave you a chance to actually learn the weave you produce at a low chance. To control for people just weaving quick and getting access to everything immediately, it should still require to actually have the right elements to weave it, and have all the prerequisite weaves at whatever level of mastery is reuired to get the next step up.

I'm not sure if all weaves are able to be misweaved from some other weave such as vanish, healing weaves, some other status weaves. This could be changed to allow it, or allow some intro weave to be learned somewhere that would start the chain.

I'm curious what others and the powers that be think of this idea?
Dezadryk

Re: Learning weaves

Post by Dezadryk »

I'm all for it, but there does have to be restrictions of course.

For example, we can't have people learning weaves that have been axed years ago, like sleep, and we can't have random people learning how to bond either (or do we....;))

But other than those rare exceptions, or future weaves that only certain clans can use and whatnot, i'm fine with it. I think it would add a little something extra for those who want to be wilders.
Krinata Almandar

Re: Learning weaves

Post by Krinata Almandar »

I like the concept of learning weaves without being formally being trained in them.

If it didn't require so much coding I'd be asking for a means to experiment by weaving various elements.If something like this could be done I would expect that nearly every combination would fail but some would work.

This would be a means of providing additional weaves to MCs., wilders and new weaves to experienced channelers. I wouldn't want it opened up to new channelers so perhaps not available until you've reached most or max in all of your elements.

On the thought of FC's having a path outside the tower. I'd like this limited to Wilders (It keeps the uniqueness associated with rolling one) or FC's who have all ready received their basic training in the Tower and been deemed safe or unable to attain the shawl.
Krinata Almandar, Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah