Ideas for improving White Tower

A place to discuss ideas for improving the MUD.

Moderator: Builders

Emiria

Ideas for improving White Tower

Post by Emiria »

Merean Redhill, the Mistress of Novices says to you, 'Very good child, you've earned 1 cp's for your work.'
Merean Redhill, the Mistress of Novices says to you, 'You may gain up to 48 merit points from chores and task,'
Merean Redhill, the Mistress of Novices says to you, 'which is equal to three quarters of your rank. '
Merean Redhill, the Mistress of Novices says to you, 'You may gain up to 17 more at this rank.'

Merean Redhill, the Mistress of Novices hmms...
Merean Redhill, the Mistress of Novices tells you, 'You will be able to complete more chores in 1 hours and 59 minutes.'
I think we should be allowed to do all the chores for a rank in one go without the wait time if we really can't get more than that from the chores. I'm right now just waiting two hours before I can do chores again and I've nothing else to do in between (I do tasks but then I still have a hour and 30 minutes of just waiting). I know this wouldn't really fix the problem I'm having once I'd have done all the chores.. but atleast I'd have spent all the effort on doing chores now instead of later. I know we don't get rewarded for chores and tasks after we are at 0 to rank anyway so..
Nibiru

Re: Ideas for improving White Tower

Post by Nibiru »

Thank you for the input.
I'm in the process of reworking a lot of things in the white tower.

The delay between chores and tasks is one of the things being looked at. The rationale behind the delay is that you work on weaves, take classes and run errands for the Aes Sedai.
So my question is would you find a reduction in the delay to 1 hour reasonable?

Hopefully I'll be able to partially automate classes, it's in the works at the moment. I can't provide a timeline yet.

I'll also be adding a few extra things on random Aes Sedai that can be done by Novices and later on Accepted.

If you have any ideas please post them in this thread.
Right now I'm looking at things like finding specific books, aiding the yellow ajah with patients in some way, but I'm open to suggestions.

Biru
Emiria

Post by Emiria »

I'd like to suggest a new type of 'timed task' that you can do as accepted/novice - sorting out books in the library to the right shelves. It wouldn't be assigned by Mistress of Novices but instead be voluntary work.

You'd have to report to the head librarian for the task and then there'd appear x books into a chest which you'd have to take to the right places and report back.. once you'd be done you receive a clan point for returning the books to their appropriate places.
Emiria

Post by Emiria »

I'd like to suggest a few quests that would reward a couple of clan points and at the same time teach about the weaves!

Create Image - Aes Sedai tutor would ask to create a few images (like shadowspawns.. fade, trolloc, draghkar)

Light - Aes Sedai tutor asks to get rid of some eyes and ears reports by burning them to dust using the light

Birdcall - Accepted tutor asks to create the sounds of nightingale, heron and crow

Clean - Yellow Ajah Aes Sedai asks to clean all the blood from a room where the wounded have been treated in

Trace - A member of the Brown Ajah is missing a named person and they need to be told to get back to the study.. so Aes Sedai gives permission to use Trace on the person and bring them back to the Aes Sedai
Emiria

Post by Emiria »

I've an idea for another task that's more for accepted then novices - Healing the warder students from the bruises they have taken during training. Under the supervision of Yellow Ajah Aes Sedai you'd get to delve mobs on the training yard(s) and if they're wounded you'd get to weave Heal Bruises on them. Once you'd have healed some you'd get awarded clan points.