Hawk-nosed Guardsmen

For discussions of all things game related.

Moderator: Builders

Dezadryk

Hawk-nosed Guardsmen

Post by Dezadryk »

Whomever decided to put these tracking patrols around, touche. I now actually have to stop and kill them before walking into the tower. They are quite a nuisance! That is all.
Niila
Site Admin

Re: Hawk-nosed Guardsmen

Post by Niila »

Hello Dezadryk!

As you've probably noted, the amount of Tower Security was upgraded at some point. Most of it was done by Zarrin if my memory serves me well. How do you find the security now? Any better in terms of providing you challenge in entering? :)

Hoping to hear your opinion what to improve in it,
Niila
Dezadryk

Post by Dezadryk »

Well, I suppose I can give away some secrets...

When I go in, I go through the back entrance because I can AOE weave the guy (with a bone sword) and his patrol without worrying about other mobs wandering in.

Then, when I run into the first hawkeyed guards in the tower that "block you from entering." I can flee up past them and the second set as well, when they follow me (because of the new code) I just gather them up and AOE weave them as well.

That's a lot of work for me honestly, so I think it's very effective. However, if I were to mention anything, it should be that if I blind an aes sedai, they will not weave me, which is probably realistic, but also allows me to get rings easily.

Anyways, that's my 2cents. The defense is pretty strong, basically if I want to enter the tower, I will be entering it with almost zero SPs and it takes about 15minutes (just to enter).

EDIT: just throwing this out there, but if it's that difficult for ME to get in there, normal folk will find it near impossible...just sayin'.
Niila
Site Admin

Post by Niila »

Hi,

It's good to hear that you're considering the defenses of White Tower to be better. If I read correctly between the lines, the ease of access now comes from the fact that mobs move in one pulse interval which allows you to easily gather them up and AoE weave them to oblivion. ;)

I can't guerantee a fix to that issue yet, but I'll have to think about how to seperate it into a variable, so that all mobs will act on different pulses and make it more difficult to hoarde them into single room.. :)

To the blinding while channeled, it's an intended feature. Like players, mobs cannot weave on targets they cannot see. Of course, it doesn't mean they cannot channel at all.. just not at a target. :)

Thankful for giving evil ideas,
- Niila