Warder in Novice Practice Area

Post here if you encounter a bug within the MUD, or to ask if a feature is intended or not.

Moderator: Niila

Forum rules
Abusing any of the bugs listed (or any bug in general) may result in: Removal of account, temporary/long lasting banning of the person, removal of character, deduction of clan points, removal from a clan, removal of a clan, losing a talent, the loss of equipment or any other perk that may have been received due to intentional abusement of a bug.

Failure to report from a bug may also result in one of the before mentioned actions.
Krinata Almandar

Warder in Novice Practice Area

Post by Krinata Almandar »

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but a Warder was wandering in and out of the Novice practice area.

I had a newer weave backfire and it hit him instead of the practice target. Could they be told to stay out of this area unless the tower is under attack.

IC'ly Krin feels horrible that she accidentally hurt someones Warder.
Krinata Almandar, Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah
Zarrin

Re: Warder in Novice Practice Area

Post by Zarrin »

I'm sure this is not a bug. A bug is a flaw or error in coding or scripting that makes for some surprise result, for good or ill. An extreme example would be a normal activity that results in a crash or a script gone haywire.

Warders should be able to go wherever they need to.. Consider that this is not a separate zone from the rooms to which the Novice and Accepted practice areas are attached. Should some attack happen, anything but a door preventing chasing mobs from entering during 'peace time' would keep them out during dangerous times.

I could favor putting a door there.. but that's about it.

ICly.. don't feel too badly. He probably knew the dangers upon entering. ;)
Niila
Site Admin

Re: Warder in Novice Practice Area

Post by Niila »

Hi,

While it's true that this doesn't fall on the section of actual bugs (it's more of a building flaw, but we take those in here as well since we don't have a own section for them, and bugs are somewhat hard to classify in general) it's something we may fix without placement of doors or similiar.

Warders wander within the Tower on all the rooms that are open to them and aren't flagged !mob. The !mob flag prevents mobs from wandering through those rooms that are set as such without a trigger on them forcing them to go through it. So in essence, it's a flag that prevents wanderings.

For the time being, I've set one of the rooms leading to the novice training area as !mob, so in the future a warder mob shouldn't wander in.

Thank you for reporting this issue!

With hopeful dreams that no more warders are hurt,
Niila