Weekend Exploration

For announcements from the Immortals.

Moderator: Builders

Niila
Site Admin

Weekend Exploration

Post by Niila »

Hi everyone,

This weekend I promised some players that I'd run a small scale quest thing that they could enjoy something out of the usual. As it happens, I didn't have too much time during the week to build it, but I'm certain I'll have it done by today.. atleast to some extend. There might be missing features.

So what's going to happen?

Well, for starters, anyone who is interested may explore this new place I'll have set up. To get there, you'll need to contact me as it's not available otherwise at this moment. Note however that I'm a human being and might not be at the computer all the time. :)

Entering will be your personal risk. There may, or may not be combat involved in the area. Dying might occur.. I can't rule it out. It might be a dangerous place, or it might not. I'd recommend checking what you have with you in case of future reimbursements.

So when's it going to be available?

Hopefully, today. I need to squeeze in a few days worth work to finish up the place, and I most likely won't be able to do all the things I'd want to do. However, there'll be another run at this in the future (perhaps even during the week!) as I get to tweak and improve it.

I'll edit this post when it's ready. Until then, enjoy the day as per usual.

Hoping for amusement for everyone,
Niila
Niila
Site Admin

Re: Weekend Exploration

Post by Niila »

A update: 80 rooms later, I'm still in the workprocess. Hopefully I'll have it in condition to allow people to explore in the morrow.

Sorry for the delay.
Niila
Site Admin

Post by Niila »

Alright, as a slight update..

Racquel is helping out with some object creation, so that'll speed my work tomorrow. Hopefully I can do the basic editings of closing doors and similiar tomorrow so the place can be explored.

Thank you Racquel!
Niila
Site Admin

Post by Niila »

And it's open, somewhat..

It doesn't have a multitude of mobs on it, but it has some. They're loaded manually at this time.

I've let someone venture into the area now, but seems like others will be only able to enter during this coming week. I'll also want to do a bit of tweaking, kitting and adding more mobs than what it has/had currently.

In anycase, anyone interested in having a go at it, let me know in some form or another.
Niila
Site Admin

Post by Niila »

Hi everyone!

I've been working pretty hard on expanding on this zone by adding in new smobs to it with special scripting behavioral. I'd like to give a huge hug to everyone who has helped me test the smobs, and a special thanks to Dezadryk who co-created one of these smobs with me.

There are a few things in the zone that still require me to spend time in tweaking it, including population trigger (I'm trying to create something of dynamic nature here, so it can be scaled to the size of people in the zone). However, things are looking pretty good in terms of when the zone will be ready.

I'll keep on posting as I get stuff done. Perhaps it'll be in order for a test run again this upcoming weekend. I can't give a full guarantee on the matter as I might have somewhat reduced connection availability during the weekend.. but we shall have to see.

Expect another post on this in the morrow.
Niila
Niila
Site Admin

Post by Niila »

And a update as promised; it's pretty much in a shape of readiness. Sylibus and Ishmai are having a run at it on difficulty "Sylibus" at this current time of posting.

I'll see about how this run goes and then at some point revise it a bit based on what I get out of their run.

Niila out.
Niila
Site Admin

Post by Niila »

I've adjusted the health amount of the regular soldiers to be greatly reduced from their original number, based on observations. Everything else remains the same for now.