Riley's Background Story and Journal

For in character logs and discussion.

Moderator: Builders

Riley

Re: Riley's Background Story and Journal

Post by Riley »

Day Twelve:

Scrubbing the pots and pans aren't that bad. At least I haven't heard any complaints about it from Laras yet. Just hope I don't crack the dish tub from standing on it while washing the dishes. They really need a step stool in there. Or else I need to grow some more... Tomorrow is my last day to clean the dishes. :) I actually am looking forward to it! Get my chores done in the morning, and go help Laras after lunch, and than maybe I'll get a little bit of free time in before I should keep up with practicing my weaves.

Well, tonight I also got to go to my first class, taught by Accepted Krinata. I'm beginning to start to trust her, as in the fact she has not tried to lead me astray, and answered my questions in her class. Her class was very informative. Hopefully I'll get to be taught more classes by her. I even passed her quiz, and I don't like being tested on knowledge. So I was happy I could remember all the answers.
Riley Talvathar
Accepted of the White Tower
Riley

Post by Riley »

Day Thirteen:

I got my chores done today, and "offered to help" with the cleaning up the soup pots. It's one thing to offer to help and it's another to be forced to say that I'd like to help. Face it, it's a punishment, why couldn't I just say Lara's... Merean Sedai sent me to you for my punishment, and that I was to clean your soup pots for you for the next few days. But, at least tomorrow I don't have to help out since today was the last day... I just am to report to her office tomorrow.
Riley Talvathar
Riley

Post by Riley »

Day Fourteen:

Well I went to Merean Sedai's office for my chores and she gave them too me, but she didn't mention anything to me about reporting to her that day.

Accepted Krinata caught me just standing around doing nothing, and sent me on an errand for her.

Managed to get some practice in with my weaves.

Otherwise a very uneventful day in the life of a Novice like me.
Riley Talvathar
Riley

Post by Riley »

Day Fifteen:

Definitely a joy not to have to do a punishment! Got my chores done early this morning even had time to go to the library and borrow some books. Borrowed Understanding the Age of Legends, Patterns of Chance and The History and Study of Angreals.

All have some deep insight. Though one that appealed to me most was the one about the angreals, sa'angreals and ter'angreals. After reading that one, I fear I might be holding onto an angreal of some sort. I found a tiny carving of a hedgehog a few days after I came to the tower, under our library. I was trying to find a small broach that Larissa Sedai sent me to find.... I still haven't found that though. But, will eventually try again to find it. But from reading the books, and just from what they contain. I guess I should probably hand it over to an Aes Sedai, just to be sure. Though I would like to keep it, if it turns out to be just a tiny carving.
Riley Talvathar
Riley

Post by Riley »

Day Sixteen and Seventeen:

Relatively quiet days. Got all my chores done, and I still need more classes taken. Hope I can get some in within the next few days.
Riley Talvathar
Riley

Post by Riley »

Day Eighteen:

Today was the most boring day I have ever had in the tower, NOT! I got my chores done, practiced my weaves for a few hours, and getting some scratches from some backfired weaves. Just to head to classes to learn that I should only be channeling thoroughly. And you read right CLASSES. Took a class with Accepted Krinata again, I do like her teaching, and I feel like I can trust her with anything. Even though I feel like everything I do is in some way WRONG! While I was taking the exam for the first class Novice Mailei came in. I don't know what to make of her yet. She seems to me to keep to herself. But, since she was there for a class that I needed as well I stayed for that class too. Than I finally got to talk to Accepted Krinata about what I wanted to talk to her about after the first class. I definately wasn't going to talk to her about it in front of Mailei though that was for sure.

I'm glad I talked to Accepted Krinata though about that blasted hedgehog. Since, we both went to Merean Sedais office together, which by the way felt like class number three for the night. But, at least now I can sleep easier, with knowing that I'm not carrying a ter'angreal around with me anymore. But, I'm fairly certain if I went alone to turn it in, I'd probably be helping Laras out more in the kitchens.

I think I might make a goal for my own self to not get sent to the MoN office for the next two weeks!
Riley Talvathar
Riley

Post by Riley »

Day Nineteen:

Was a pretty uneventful normal day of chores, tasks, and practicing new weaves. But, on the bright side 1 day down of not getting into trouble only 13 more to go to make my own personal goal.
Riley Talvathar
Riley

Post by Riley »

Day 20-22:

Well only 10 more days to go without getting sent to the Mistress of Novices office. Than I will meet my own personal goal. I hope that she will notice that I've been trying to be a better novice, but I fear also that she might suspect that I am up to no good since I haven't been sent to her office. I am happy though still that she didnt punish me for having that Ter'angreal in my possession or even for using it.

But, I think due to my hands on learning approach, I think I'm deffinately not suited for the brown ajah. I think I have learned my lesson with playing around with things that I do not understand.

My only hope is that I can get through my studies at the White Tower, and be able to be one day called an Aes Sedai.
Riley Talvathar
Riley

Post by Riley »

Day 23:

Five days later *sighs* I knew it was only going to be a matter of time. Merean Sedai finally decided to punish me for having that ter'angreal. Was a normal day went to get my daily chores. I was happy to be on laundry duty went to go do my chores and found Accepted Krinata doing the same chores. She even helped me out a bit with my chores, which I am grateful for. After I finished with my chores so I thought. I returned to Merean Sedai, who informed me that I still needed to do 6 more loads of laundry. So I left her office to go see about getting that much more done. With finding no more dirty linens to wash I returned to Merean Sedai who at this point was very dissappointed at me and sent me away telling me to do 20 loads of laundry instead of the 6 more that she originally told me.

I know I deserved it. I just hope that I can change and become a proper novice. But, it sure is a hard path to take.
Riley Talvathar
Riley

Post by Riley »

Day 24 - 27:

Most of the days I have just been going about my normal business. Doing my chores and tasks for Renda Sedai.

Today, was an unusual day. I talked to Gaidin Sargon today, and he asked me if I met Accepted Blossom. Her name is almost as vile as the worst thing you could imagine. To put it mildly. I told him I was scared of her. I would have talked more to him, but an Aes Sedai came and it was getting late.

I was planning on talking to Gaidin Sargon in more depth about that Accepted, but I guess I can not now. After, I finished my chores Merean Sedai wanted to talk with me about the Accepted. It's nice to "feel" appreciated, even after still having to do a punishment, but that I did bring upon myself. Which had no bearing on what transpired. At least I hope I have gained Merean Sedai's trust. So if in the future if anything like this happens again she might, be willing to hear me out, instead of sweeping my concerns under the rug.

I don't know what the Accepted is capable of, but I fear for my own life. I don't even know if she's in the tower or not. I haven't met everyone in the tower. What if she uses that Mirror to look different to others? Would I even recognize her? Would the Aes Sedai? Would the warders? What if she knows I was the one that ratted her out? Is she comming for me? She could be anyone! Does Merean Sedai even remember that I told her about the mirror? I'm sure I told her about the mirror the first time. Didn't I?

So many questions, not enough answers.

I think tonight I wish I had that tiny carving of a hedgehog. I've already moved my furniture to barricade my door. I have rations from Laras and I have water. Do I dare leave my room?
Riley Talvathar