Linking as of last night

Post here if you encounter a bug within the MUD, or to ask if a feature is intended or not.

Moderator: Niila

Forum rules
Abusing any of the bugs listed (or any bug in general) may result in: Removal of account, temporary/long lasting banning of the person, removal of character, deduction of clan points, removal from a clan, removal of a clan, losing a talent, the loss of equipment or any other perk that may have been received due to intentional abusement of a bug.

Failure to report from a bug may also result in one of the before mentioned actions.
Riley

Linking as of last night

Post by Riley »

Krinata and I were linking last night and we noticed it wasn't acting the same as it was months ago..

While we were linked we could not regen our channeling state.
Riley Talvathar
Accepted of the White Tower
Krinata Almandar

Re: Linking as of last night

Post by Krinata Almandar »

We tried with Riley controlling the link and Krin controlling the link. The only way to recover energy was to unlink and rest. Like Riley said this wasn't the case last time we were linked. Has something changed in the background?
Krinata Almandar, Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah
Niila
Site Admin

Post by Niila »

This is actually how it has always been with linking. I seem to recall having had a conversation about this before with the original coder of the linking code. I believe that if I recall right, the way it's coded is because otherwise you would end up in a situation where you'll have unlimited amount of power when the number of people in the link circle becomes high enough (it doesn't actually have to be even very high) which would make the link-leader technically be able to weave constantly without ever losing anything.
Krinata Almandar

Post by Krinata Almandar »

Thanks Niila, we'll play with it some more. I know we loose energy while linked and I'm always concerned that I'll draw to much and harm Riley when we practice linking. Could you tell us how to bring a third person in or is that something we need to figure out on our own?
Krinata Almandar, Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah