Quicker fade to Fade Dimension within Blight Fortress

A place to discuss ideas for improving the MUD.

Moderator: Builders

Mortifera

Quicker fade to Fade Dimension within Blight Fortress

Post by Mortifera »

I love my Fade alt, love how powerful it is, the bonuses and all. I understand that they're almost too powerful and the ability to Fade is very powerful as well. I understand why the fade once an hour rule is in place. What I suggest, if it's possible, that if a Myrddraal is within the Blight Fortress, it allows them to fade to Fade Dimension more often. I suggest this because that is where a Fade gets his mount, equipment, CP turn-in, everything.

If this is out of the question, I completely understand. I just think it might be helpful to my fellow Myrddraal.
Ganelon

Re: Quicker fade to Fade Dimension within Blight Fortress

Post by Ganelon »

I'm going to have to think long and hard about this one.

My biggest problem with it is the extra ability to fade being used to get out of PK, go rest where nobody can follow, then back out to PK again.

The Shadow Stallion aspect can potentially be an annoyance, but I think I'd rather find another way around of it than giving a free use of fade anytime someone loses one.

The CP issue thing as far as I'm concerned is an absolute non-issue: put the stuff in a sack/pack/scrip/whatever and wait the hour out.

The fade ability in general still needs work imo, and it will always be under changes: new zones to fade into, rooms to fade out of, etc. I really want it coded so that the issue with cloaks doesn't keep rearing it's ugly head so much....

But yeah, in general, there are other aspects of fades I'd rather delve into and imp than give them a potential 'get out of jail free card' at the moment.
"How the fades must gnash their teeth......."

Demandred of the Forsaken.
Mordero

Post by Mordero »

Unless I'm mistaken...the horse is issued in the normal blight fortress, not the fade dimension... I may be outdated on this.

I think it's fine with the 1 hour setup.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Mordero wrote:Unless I'm mistaken...the horse is issued in the normal blight fortress, not the fade dimension... I may be outdated on this.

I think it's fine with the 1 hour setup.
See Clan 530 forum for changes.
"How the fades must gnash their teeth......."

Demandred of the Forsaken.