Borderlander Noble Clans

For information on new additons.

Moderator: Builders

Ganelon

Borderlander Noble Clans

Post by Ganelon »

Niila and I have been discussing the status of the Borderlands once again, and their potential use in joining the Aiel and Dark sides via land crossings rather than just using The Ways.

That's set me off on considering the borderlander noble clans.

Usually at this stage of things, we keep it within the realms of the Immortal forums, but I thought it might be good to get the input of everyone - player and Immortal alike. Hence, I'm providing a list of what I'm proposing for comment and input, or just so you can question the system and how it will work.

The over-arching goal here is to make it possible to play as just a noble clan member with no other clan affiliations (except national).

The example below is House Jagad, but will apply equally (with perhaps minor modifications) for all northern noble clans.

HOUSE JAGAD

0) Claimant
* Nothing gained at this rank.

RANK NOTE: Before clanning them, see the note below for Pages.
--------------------------------------------------------------
1) Page

* Can gain either the House Jagad tabard or cloak (Player's choice - these have the same stats as rank 1 military clan tabards/cloaks).

RANK NOTE: In order to be clanned officially into the house, the player should have to swear service to a player of rank 6 (Knight) or higher, or a mob of equal or higher rank run by an Immortal – just a simple little RP thing.
2) Menial

RANK NOTE: For ranks 1-4, I don't particuarly feel anything is served by either applying ranking time limits, or ranking quests. They gain nothing for ranking, and are just common servants in the employ of the house. Let them go about their assigned dispatch tasks, collect timed CP's, etc and rank up to a more interesting point RP-wise. Of course, if the player just happens to be happy doing nothing but RP'ing a servant, they aren't required to rank past rank 4 at all.
3) Servant

Nothing gained at this rank.
4) Attendant

5) Squire

* Led mob (this is as per usual for noble clans).

RANK NOTE: To obtain this rank, some sort of small achievement should be made in order to prove that the player is more than just a servant – the solo killing of a minor SMOB in the Borderlands (once we have one), or until then elsewhere in the MUD. Something along the lines of Degal, Gruath, etc. At this point, they are being considered for something more by an individual of the house who has noticed their potential for greater things.
6) Knight

* Personal room in house clan area (one rank higher than usual, because House Jagad, being Borderlanders they should be more independant and less reliant on normal house 'perks'. In addition, they will often be on the move: either riding with the soldiers of the King - Shienaran Lancers – patrolling the estates and holdings of house Jagad, or involved in training Squires).
* Can Enlist new house memebers.
* Access to the Shienaran Courser horse mob.
* Charge (normal) if they do not already have it from a military clan

RANK NOTE: To obtain this rank requires the player perform some feat of combat prowess to prove that they are worthy to defend the name of House Jagad – this must be something in relation to DS....killing x amount of trolloc mobs perhaps?
They are no longer considered a servant, but an armed soldier of the house. This is the first step to earning true noble status.
There's no reason for players at this rank not to do dispatches and collect timed CP's, but I'd prefer also to see more active pursuits – combat related or not.
7) Supplicant Lord

* Can Award/Penalize House Jagad Members.
* Circle: 0 (if the don't have forms from a military clan – if they do, then they get nothing here)
* Master Ride (if not already possessed from a military clan – they are Borderlanders after all).
8) Lord

* Clan Master Status – Can Promote/Demote House Members.
* Shield or buckler (Player's choice) with House Jagad crest (they are noble lords and should have gear that reflects it at this rank. Stats as per military clan rank 3).
* Master Charge (if not already possessed from a military clan – they are Borderlanders after all, and as noble Lords, are expected to lead the lances into battle).

RANK NOTE: As above, to obtain this rank requires some Borderlander-worthy feat. Killing x amount of fades perhaps, or an extended quest of some sort. At this rank, you are a full noble of the clan.
9) Kinsman

* Circle: 2 (as above)
* Breastplate with house crest (as for personal gear above, stats as per rank 3 military clans).
* Can Discharge house members.
10) Counsel

* Circle: 3 (as above).
11) High Seat

* Circle: 4 (as above).
"How the fades must gnash their teeth......."

Demandred of the Forsaken.