Upcoming code changes

For announcements from the Immortals.

Moderator: Builders

Niila
Site Admin

Upcoming code changes

Post by Niila »

Some of you may already know that I have taken up coding. And some of you may have been helping me test the code changes that will be coming in once I finish them up completely and manage to merge them into the MUD itself.

The list that'll be below here doesn't say it's on the live right now, but what will be coming. They are subject to a change, depending on how they turn out in the testing. If they're breaking the MUD as it is, you can expect they'll not go in. If someone can give me a good reason why a certain change listed below shouldn't go in, I can be PMmed. I don't bite, I swear. :)

P.S. All the changes below are already coded.

What these changes are following:
- Combat fix so that no one will be unhittable 100% of the time. Not to despair, people with high defensive values will not be insta-gibbed by people.
- Mobs will no longer shout 'Hey!! You're the.." if they're already in combat. No longer will they also double attack that round.
- Bladeforms don't give as much advantage in defensive way as they have been giving so far.
- Having multiple opponents on you while being a dodger doesn't mean automatic death anymore. Albeit you will be hit more often still if you have several opponents on you.
- Channeling on quickly will now backfire, even with lower end weaves.
- Weaves failing or backfiring no longer cost absurdly high amount of SP.
- Armour doesn't make you fall as often if you have the skill trained up. In fact, by having mastery armor, expect to never fall if walking. Running (spamming) may still make you fall on a occasion, but not as often as it was before. (Read: This shouldn't happen majority of the time anymore.)
- Backstab deals slightly more damage and should land slightly more often. This skill is still subject to a lot of coming changes. And by a lot, I mean a lot.
- 'Shadow-touched' wetlanders can now actually not be attacked by shadowspawn. This will take some time to integrate, due to having to change a lot of things about shadowspawn in the MUD.. (will take a while to get in, but the code portition is done)
- It's more easier to get 'on the wrong side of the law'. If you kill people, expect guards to have you on their target list faster.
- Awareness can be learned without having meditation. This means.. even trollocs can finally learn it.
Niila
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming code changes

Post by Niila »

These changes are now in. Report to me any anomalies.
Niila
Site Admin

Post by Niila »

Incoming changes:

- Disliked factions now update properly.
- Backstab takes longer to perform.
- If you're extremely aware person, and someone tries to backstab you, you might notice it before the actual incident occurs.
- Kill(ing) things that are in room no longer lag you so much. Same applies to kick, backstab and stab.
- Missing a backstab will make you lag (more than it was).
- Landing a backstab will make you lag (less than it was).
- Fleeing from combat will make you experience a momentary lag. Yes, fleeing from combat. Fleeing outside of it should not cause this. Autowimpy will invoke this as well..
- Hide takes a bit longer to do. To compensate, now pressing enter, or using commands 'look', 'score', 'backstab', 'sneak', 'info', 'inventory', 'equipment', 'status' and 'who' will not be breaking hide. Assuming you were in hiding. Typoing commands will pop people out of hide.
Niila
Site Admin

Post by Niila »

These changes are in, starting from the next reboot.

If anyone notices anything off, send me a PM.
Niila
Site Admin

Post by Niila »

Today's edict.. which are already in.

- Backstab is harder to raise up. A lot more harder.
- Backstab deals more damage than it used to. You might notice huge differencies, in some cases..
- Backstab can no longer be defended against with extremely high defense. Instead, having high awareness will provide slight protection. And aware states.
- Backstab no longer crashes the MUD.
- Backstab skill now plays a huge part wether you hit or not. You can even stumble on sleeping targets if you're completely clumsy fingered.
Niila
Site Admin

Post by Niila »

Today's code patch.

- There was a bug probably that caused dodge-type people to take a lot of damage 5% of the time they were hit. This problem, if it ever existed, doesn't exist anymore.

I can't be sure wether the bug existed or not, but thank Radjak for letting me know something odd was going on with combat, regardless.

- Mobs should no longer double-attack in combat if they're marked as remembering the aggressor.
- Mobs shouldn't 'pull' new weapons anymore in combat. Or sheathe weapons in combat, if that's what they're doing.
- Even when full defensive, you'll still attack once a round, provided you're not using an too heavy weapon. However, while on defensive, you deal less damage than on say, neutral.
- Mobs no longer attack just the last target who entered the room, if they have followers. In such case.. they'll attack the entire group, if they're 'followers'.
- Fixed mobs assisting against their master. . unless they're flagged as helpers. In which case, they're still broken.
Niila
Site Admin

Post by Niila »

2010 December - 2
- A fix to combat damage messages. What does it mean?
-> Your damage messages now display the damage more appropriately.
This means, your damage hasn't lowered, just the messages are
showing the damage as it should be more accurately.
This means.. oblirate now means a lot of damage, massacre slightly
less, and so on. :)
- Multi-opponent buff change. Now mobs might hit you. On a occasion.
- You should be able to hit mobs now more easily.
Still working on them.. expect another patch tomorrow. Send me a PM if things are broken.
Niila
Site Admin

Post by Niila »

Seventh of Twelfth, Year 2010.

Today, I discovered a bug in one of the combat skills. Rejoice, for after this patch..

- Bash no longer relies on kick for accuracy.
- Bash sets you to resting position. As people think it does. This lasts until the next attack in round order. Or standing up. Whichever happens first, bashed victim will be in standing position.
- Bash takes slightly longer to perform now..
*Note: Being bashed now lowers your defensive ability. So be wary if you get bashed.. or miss a bash..
- If a target is already sitting or resting positioned, bash does not execute. .
- Wearing a lot of items and carrying a lot of weight no longer should make you the king of bashes.
Niila
Site Admin

Post by Niila »

Bladeforms
- Fixed a typo in Dandelion in the Wind description to opponent(receiving end).

Combat
- Dodging several opponents has become harder again. This might get tweaked. On the other hand, you no longer lose defense after 4 opponents on you. This is to give ability to still evade even while being attacked from multiple directions. Using a staff still gives benefit of being superior to other weapons in dodging. Blademasters lose defending value even if they had over 4 on them.
- Your real ability to defend is now shown in status, taking account your posture.
- Barehand damage, if you have the skill barehands, will deal a whole lot more damage. Finally.
- Accuracy cap is once again a little higher.. this is to test things out, really. If people hit too easy, or get hit too easy, we'll fix it to the opposing direction. On the other hand, this will now actually give a reason to use weapons at their proper ranges. Probably.

Skills
- Having mastery in track will lessen the time it takes to read tracks and move on.
- You can see tracks displaying about how much weight the target was carrying. This should help identifying tracks from one another to some extend.

Channeling
- Fixed case where weaving Immolate on quickly, or Fireball/Firearrows was creating Filaments, and thus causing the MUD to crash.
- It shouldn't be possible to 'misfire' a Sleep weave anymore through any means..
- Countering weaves should now be less expensive.
- It is now possible to reach your maximal element by weaving the highest damage tier weave of the element. That means, immolate, pain, crush, earth spike and pillar of water. It might take a while, but you can now actually eventually get there.

Other
- As an temporary fix of a lot of gear lying around, the time of corpses decaying has been increased. A lot. In fact, you shouldn't even notice them decaying during a boot. So, this is the response to "Can we get rid of the spam of items on the floor" for the time being.
Niila
Site Admin

Post by Niila »

Fades
- The look of the Eyeless now induces fear. And a little lag. Both to the user, and to the target. The user actually gets longer lag. You can spam it all you want, but you'll only get the effect if the target is at 95 fear or higher.
- If you're low level and a fade looks at you, you might try to flee away from the room. Applies to everything else except fades themselves. So a fade glaring at another fade isn't going to do anything, sorry. Includes mobs too.
- All fades are identical. This means stats, health, moves, height, weight, having no eyes, pasty skin and black hair. Description is alterable. And you all come from the same place..
- Fades cannot use commands that involve eyes, except look. This includes socials. If you can, let me know, and you can't anymore in a while.
- Fades have no eyes now. As they shouldn't.
- Fades cannot be blinded.

Fear
- No longer can you spam commands through if you're feared. If you get the 'you're too afraid to move!' you get a slight lag.

Trollocs
- Instead of being 'blessed' with your skin and those, you're now 'cursed' instead. Applies to fades too.