A new way to bladeform

A place to discuss ideas for improving the MUD.

Moderator: Builders

Dezadryk

A new way to bladeform

Post by Dezadryk »

This would probably take a lot of coding, but I'll ask anyways :p

So I was thinking along with emotionless and emotional choices when you use forms, that maybe you can activate a kind of automatic thing while in combat. Of course this seems like it would be a huge disadvantage for those who would control their forms, but you could make huge maluses.

For example: say I have it set to auto, while in combat, and based on my posture, my character would be doing either defensive neutral or offensive bladeforms automatically and would counter the opponents forms like they do now if they were say both defensive forms, but if my opponent was offensive and I was defensive, he would overpower my form and it would not be countered. If I was set to automTic defensive when I engage in combat, I would have to stay in that setup for that combat, while someone who had control of their forms could decide to switch up to offensive forms and so would have the upper hand with the disadvantage of having to control his forms as a player.

It could b made into a rock paper scissors setup, where defensive forms beat neutral, neutral beats offensive and offensive beats defensive.

I think this would promote tactically thought out combat both before and during combat

Thoughts?
Niila
Site Admin

Re: A new way to bladeform

Post by Niila »

While it raises interesting concept, I'm not too sure if I'd implement that right at the moment. It would take time and effort to code, that's for sure.. and create a loophole for people with extra-ability to do things in a round (such as weaving.. yes, you can actually weave and use bladeforms at the same time currently), as you could automatize attacking and defending, thus making you far more efficient than a manual player trying to do both at the same time.

Still, it's a good idea, and I'd like to hear more in both terms against, and for the idea. Or changes to the idea.

- Niila
Arleve
Green Ajah

Re: A new way to bladeform

Post by Arleve »

I'd be a little nervous about something like that, particularly for those lucky enough to have both forms and weaves.

Before anything like that, I'd like to see mastery of other weapons more available like Staves for one. Mat defeated Gawyn and Galad in the books who while not masters yet, certainly knew enough to have a couple of circles in the books at the time.