Idea Repository for the Future

A place to discuss ideas for improving the MUD.

Moderator: Builders

zarrin

Re: Idea Repository for the Future

Post by zarrin »

I would love to see furniture shops, or custom furniture. The former would be just regular furniture - cupboards, beds, tables, chairs, etc. the latter would be akin to those unique weapons. IE - you write your own description and send it in with money to have it made.

Also! furniture crafting guild!
  • This is in the works

Another would be the Talent to create angreal!! Maybe have a massive quest to rediscover the ability. Would be sooooo awesome (hey you asked for crazy ideas!) to be able to create -ter'angreal-. IE you describe what you want it to do, and upon approval, you can grind or quest to create said ter'angreal.

Another cool thing would be more RP when it comes to several things.

WB's wouldn't be very welcome in towns and cities. Whitecloaks would probably go try to arrest if they saw golden eyes.
Arant

Post by Arant »

I personally love to RP as a MC/Asha'man I think it would be cool if we could apply to become MC's. The application containing your (short term) intentions and (long term) ideas or something of that sort. This gives the Imms ultimate say but would allow the chance to have more RP.
  • With the taint, you're looking at a very low priority on this. Dreadlords are one thing, light side MC's are another. Now, if somehow taint was to be cleansed... Man, I'd be all for the change. -Rat

I know im new so if its already in just send me back to newbieville BUT... The mining profession is in..so it would be cool if you could craft with the stuff you collect while mining. Smithing of some sort and so on.
  • This is in the works. -Rat
Dakan

Post by Dakan »

All stores need a thorough run through.

There's alot of chain mail stores that dont buy chainmail. Plate stores that dont buy plate. Weapon stores that dont buy weapons. Etc etc.
Dakan

Post by Dakan »

Talked about this idea a while ago in game.

Dodge is much better for smobbing then ABS imo, in terms of down time. ABS downtime, with current HP regen is awful. Dodge can usually keep going!

So here's an idea of how to buff ABS!

Give armor a chance to 'deflect' hits, which would completely negate them.

Bob tries to hit you but his sword is deflected off your armor!

I'd say at max 20% deflection. A formula could look like this.

Deflection = (AVGABS + ArmorSkill) * 0.11

9.9% Deflection = (50abs + 40 armorskill) * 0.11

Midbie
15.4% Deflection = (70abs + 70 armor skill) * 0.11

Higbie
19.7% Deflection = (80abs + 99 armor skill) * 0.11

Obviously thats just an example formula, you could change it which any way you wanted. Could throw in a level modifier like... (level*2). Someone at level 15 would only get 30% of the total possible deflection. That newbie would go from 9.9% to 3%. A level 30 Midbie would get 60% of total deflection and drop to 9.25%. A highbie at level 51 would move a little closer to 20%. An extreme oldbie at 57 would get 114% modifier and jump to 22.8%.

But the idea would be, it'd make it so in smobbing and PK both, while you're still getting tickled to death, it'd be 10-20% slower. And it'd be a bit more realistic too, because alot of hits did get deflected off armor.
  • Please see my post on Armor for my responses/questions re: this.
    -Rat
Itrana

Post by Itrana »

Masquerade skill to DF clan as well since they usually wore masks to conceal their identities from each other on the rare occasion meetings were necessary.
Telriadh

Post by Telriadh »

I don't know if it is the same for wetlanders but I cannot order the young warriors that I lead to unequip anything, so if they pick up a weapon and draw or wield it I cannot get them back to using the spears I have given them. Sometimes I can fix it by ordering them to draw but it is just a hassle most of the time.

Is changing it so you can order them to remove items a possibility?
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Belgar wrote: 5. Redo the Newbie zones for greater detail & orientation
Doing this on DS atm.

One thing that's always bugged me that needs seeing to is shopkeepers who sell particular goods, but wont buy them. Ton of these scattered around everywhere.

Always thought we could use more different emotes as well.

New high level XP zone on Cairhien end of the world for wetlanders.

The attack forms in medit to be fixed so we can have more varied attack messages.
"How the fades must gnash their teeth......."

Demandred of the Forsaken.
Itrana

Post by Itrana »

As someone who frequently goes to the typo list when I only have a short amount of time to spend on the mud but want to accomplish something, if people will put a typo in whenever they find a shop that doesn't do the above or sells weird stuff or you just don't think its working, I'll get to it sooner or later.

Just make sure you're standing in the shop when you flag it, so the typo list will put the correct room number in. Also pls include what you think the problem is, doesn't have to be detailed.

For example: "typo this shop sells chain but won't buy it"

Thanks!
Dakan

Post by Dakan »

I typo'd the shit outa that typo list.
Itrana

Post by Itrana »

I noticed, I took care of them all today ;)

FYI: The cave/tunnel is supposed to be rideable, the builder has those rooms flagged as MountOK. The blocked room is blocking a zone which is connected but not finished last I heard. I'm checking to see how close it is to being finished before I do anything about now.