Idea Repository for the Future

A place to discuss ideas for improving the MUD.

Moderator: Builders

Dakan

Re: Idea Repository for the Future

Post by Dakan »

That doesn't make much sense to me. If there's not enough space to ride your horse into the cave, there's usually not enough space mount your horse.

I understand the idea behind entering through a small hole, then finding a big cavern, which I think i've seen a few like taht before. But thats when 1 or 2 rooms are no ride then the rest behind them are rideable. When you have 4 or 5 rooms in a row that aren't able to ride into but are MountOk, that doesn't make sense.

Because then a visual of that would be...
<{ }><{ }><{ }><{ }>
Each { } being a cavern, then the >< being the narrow crawlspace.

Hate to nitpick but honestly, it's just simpler and seems more polished if a bunch of cavern rooms are no ride :P
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

I actually agree with Dakan on that.
"How the fades must gnash their teeth......."

Demandred of the Forsaken.
Itrana

Post by Itrana »

I don't disagree...I just haven't had a chance to figure out where those rooms were to go back and look at them again since the mud was down all day yesterday and I worked all day today.

Dakan if you remember where that cave was could you please go back and typo one of those rooms for me again? Would save me oodles of time. Thanks!
Llaia
Defender of the Stone

Post by Llaia »

Is there a way to sacrifice gear on the ground? Could there be? There does not need to be a reward (as some muds give a coin or xp for each item sacrificed). I seem to end up with a ton of extra gear that I can't sell ( I can't find enough shops to buy it all) and my clan "chest" and the rack next to it are filled up. I may have looted a corpse too many in my quest to make money(which didn't quite work out), but i also seem to end up with a bunch of my leadable mobs eq, and I don't want to just clutter up the ground (plus i can't sell that particular eq), and he doesn't need it as he's eq'd when i look at him.
Itrana

Post by Itrana »

We're working on fixing shops so more of them will buy unwanted eq. Beyond that, I'm not entirely certain what you mean by "sacrifice". Do you mean having a mob collect it or to give it to who will make it disappear permanently?
Llaia
Defender of the Stone

Post by Llaia »

well, just a way to make it disappear permanently. Some muds have a command 'sacrifice', as in you are sacrificing the item to the gods and it disappears. I don't particularly care for it, it just was a handy way to make the eq disappear when it couldn't be sold and it didn't clutter up the ground.