March 11, 2001
been a horribly long time since we've updated here but I figure more important to be doing work on the mud for everyone ;) But here we are, things are about as ready as
we can get them for people to come play and start enjoying the mud. So tell all yours friends to come check us out and see what they think. Just DONT spread the word by
logging on other muds and narrating or chatting, terrible form. Here is a small list of things we have in for you.
with air weaves (more coming at all times)
*Major skills such as
weapons, sneak hide and dual wield, riding and butchering which may yield stuff you can sell (note not all animals have things set yet)
odd rooms to play in, 1800 mobs to interact with and 2600 objs to use
*Interesting combat system including weapon speeds, ranges
*Trainers scattered around the world from whom you
can learn anywhere from 1 skill to many. Skill build upon each other so you must know shortblades to learn stab to learn backstab for instance. PC's may teach and learn
from each other.
*Clans in development RP wise but are fully
functional with awarding, inducting and promoting clan members etc available.
more equipment wear spots then usually found.
18, 2000Alright, since no one else is writing updates it seems, I will. Four days ago (the 14th) we
switched to the base that I've been coding for the past four months. Player testing is currently underway, where the imms get to break wiz commands, and the mortals will
get to break mortal commands. Combat isn't fully in yet though so it's pointless for mortals to be on just yet.
The last few things needed from the code before we can go to beta are listed below:
- Clan logs (write clan activity to log files that can be viewed both by immortals through syslogs and clan members through a spec_proc somewhere).
- The 'find' command (which is currently 50% completed) to search through the world for mobs/objs/rooms/kits/trigs/shops/zones.
- The base support for skills, i.e. learning them and being able to set them up according to our standards.
- Our money system (just because it'll be such a pain to write in after mortals are playing).
- Activating the 'show' time for characters once created. (Currently all 'show' times are halted while we're still out of beta.
The world needs a bit of work, but I dunno what, I'm a coder. The buidlers keep to themselves.
Sept 14, 2000
Added a new section to the pages called aboutus. Tells about how
mirrors started, shows our immortals and contact emails and talks about the code we use.
Sep 12 (Maxim) :: Beta Update
Yes that's right it's a beta update, or maybe it should be called player testing update, but still it's
more effective to call it "beta update", it draws everyone's attention right away, admit it! Well last time I listed 15 projects that needed to be completed.
the updated list (these are code projects only):
Convert mud database
3) Check out combat and make sure it's our combat
6) Money System
7) Kits and Kedit
11) skills (few, not all)
13) random creation option in chargen.
15) enter/exit messages on mobs and players.
one was removed and split into the seperate *edit commands...
OLC functions need to be altered to work with the complete database The ones that are done : redit sedit trigedit The ones that need work: medit zedit(90% done)
And here's what's been done (one week later):
2) Add mob flags/defines
4) zone_reset function improvement
8) Verify mobile shops work and that shops use the mirrorsmud money.
9) Command levels / godset
12) dg_script additions
14) percentage loading Once zedit is verified
For as much as is in, kits are the next thing to go in, and then kedit. After that... well the rest is gravy as they say.
revamping the mortal webpages and updating them.
another online game named Mirrors of the Wheel, thanks go to Nass for finding this. In a discussion with their Imp, we arranged for each of us to adjust our name a bit
and provided links to each others page, but decided a total change was unnecessary as they are MOO/MUSH type game rather then a MUD and a competitor.
updating immortal pages to fit with new mortal pages.
the basic pages and set up.